Non-traditional Instruction days are to help provide students learning opportunities on snow and emergency days.
Please complete all work and have it ready to turn in when school is back in session. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Mrs. White for help/assistance. I will be available from the hours of 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
You will find all materials below as well as additional links to help you complete your NTI activities.
Day 7 Instructions:
Today you must create a timeline of the developments of rollercoasters (include 15 important events) and choose two of the following activities.
Mrs. White's Rollercoaster Interview
Video of Superman Ride
History of Rollercoasters
Day 6 Instructions:
Today you must choose 2 amusement parks and compare ticke prices, park sizes, number of attractions, distance from home, number of visitors (a year) and park theme. With this info you must create a chart showing this information. You may use the COMPARE AND CONTRAST TABLE or your own supplies to do so.
Then YOU MUST COMPLETE TWO ACTIVITIES BELOW:
Dollywood Park Info
Kings Island Park Info
CedarPoint Park Info (Mrs White's fav)
Universal Studios Park Info
Epcot Center (Disney World) Park Info
Day 5 Instructions:
Today activities you are supposed to illustrate what you've learned on Day 1-4 activities. You have two options.
1. Create a 3D diorama about your "Adventures Across America". You will choose 1 location to illustrate: Jamestown, Boston (Massacre), New Orleans (Mardi Gras), or the California Gold Rush.
2. Create a Power Point Presentation that demonstrates what you learned all four days. Also must include a Conclusion slide that explains which activities you liked best and why.
Power Point Video Tutorial
Day 4 Instructions:
Calculate the difference of the prices now compared with prices during the Gold Rush Era AND choose 2 more activities to complete
1. Read "History of the Goldrush" and create a 3 frame storyboard of a fictional character during the Gold Rush who is seeking gold. Use tutorial for help.
2. Create a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast today's prices with the prices during the Gold Rush and write a paragraph explaining your findings.
3. Read "HIstory of Hollywood Movie Industry and record an interview with a parent or grandparent about his or her experience watching movies.
Better Data for NTI MATH Day 4:
Use data from following website, choose 10 goods and estimate their current costs. Create a table with 10 points (Old Price, New Price) and then graph those points.
Storyboard for Option 1
Tutorial for Storyboard
Veen Diagram Template
History of Hollywood
History of the Goldrush
Day 3 Instructions:
Create a Mardi Gras mask and choose 2 more activities to complete
1. Explore the events of the Louisiansa Purchase timeline and create a timeline of your own including at least 10 events
2. Read article "History of Mardi Gras". Imagine your a Journalist attending Mardi Gras. Write an article about your experience
3. Conduct research on the weather patterns before Hurricane Katrina. Pretend your a weather reporter and make a 3-5 video as a meterologist explaining how the weather patterns were used to predict the catastrophic event.
4. Read article "How the Louisiana Purchase Changed the World" and create a cause and effect chart.
History of Mardi Gras
How the Louisanna Purchase Changed the World (full article)
Timeline of Louisiana Purchase
Weather Patterns Before Hurricane Katrina
Blank Cause and Effect Chart
Blank Newspaper template
Geometric Shapes for Mask
Day 2 Instructions: Choose 3 activities and complete
1. Read article "History of Jamestown" and design a blueprint for your own fort. Label dimesions and caculate area of each building and whole fort.
2. Research natural resources found in Virginia. Create a tri-fold poster to resources used for survival in Jamestown. On back of poster explain why you think the colony failed.
3. Prepare a meal colonists may have eaten. Include a recipe with measures. Take a picture of your meal
4. Complete the Online Adventure of Jamestown. Follow directions on website. List 10 facts you learned.
5. Read poem "Annabelle Lee" by Edgar Allen Poe. Write the thyme scheme of the poem; circle examples of alliteration; and underline examples of repetition.
Online Adventure of Jamestown
"Annabelle Lee" by Edgar Allen Poe
Poetry Rhyme Scheme and Alliteration
Examples of Blueprints
Natural Resources in Virginia Colony
History of Jamestown article
Day 1 Instructions: Choose 3 activities and complete.
1. Watch video of Boston Massacre and write 1/2 page summary
2. Read article "The Boston Massacre" and imagine your a soldier writing a postcard home to your family. Make sure postcard looks aged. (see resources)
3. Read article "The Boston Massacre" and create a political cartoon illustrating the event
4. Read article "Statue of Liberty" and take virtual tour. Create a brochure encouraging others to visit using both fact and opinion.
Day 1 Resources:
Video on Boston Massacre
Article on Boston Massacre (History Channel)
Tour of Statue of Liberty
Article on Statue of Liberty
How to make paper look old
Online Brochure Maker
Mrs. White's Contact Information
Home (NTI days): 606-621-5255
Phone: 606-573-2502 ext. 2814